Tuesday, 10 May 2011

Revision Time

So, unfortunately I've hit revision time. Which means I can't afford to be thinking about game making....

This however hasn't stopped me much. It was Ludum Dare 20 a few weekends ago, which I followed closely. If you haven't come across this yet... it's a competition to make a game on your own in 48 hours... so it's pretty epic! The title this time was "It's dangerous to go alone, take this", which left me at a complete blank, but seems there were all kinds of great ideas.

This got me thinking.... I've set out and said "I'm going to make a game" but have no idea where it's going, not even an idea of the core game mechanics! Poor form!

So while not really writing anymore code I've been trying to get to grips with what I want my game to be and an awesome and very simple game mechanic to base it around. I believe a 'Casual' game genre is where it's at. With a simple but addictive game mechanic like angry birds or tiny wings (both of which I've spent hours playing!!).

With these two games in mind and thinking I'd really like to take part in the next Ludum Dare.... I need to get to get my head round game design! And possibly do a 2D game first..... hmm....

Right, then.... back to revision....

No comments:

Post a Comment